Sunday, May 11, 2008

Paul's Birthday, Landon's Blessing, Baby Pics, Decorating, and Mother's Day

I apologize in advance, this post is long...I got really behind! Sunday, May 4, was Paul's birthday and Landon's baby blessing. It was so nice that both events were on the same day. Because of the blessing, we had family in town, and Paul got to celebrate his birthday with them. Here's the cake I made...It's a giant cupcake....with LOTS of candles...haha! I love you honey!
Here's Paul opening presents! 
Our little family on Landon's blessing day!
Me and Landon on the day of his blessing!


On Saturday, April 26,  we had Landon's newborn pictures taken! We got them back yesterday. Here are my favorites!












So, since we got Landon's picture's back, I decided to go to Michael's, buy black frames, and redecorate a little...go figure! Here's what I did!
Before


and after
Before

and after

Before

and after!
My first Mother's Day was perfect, even though Landon exploded out of his diaper all over his church outfit, blanket, and carseat! It was kind of a good laugh, but it wasn't fun cleaning him or his stuff off! Anyways we started the morning off at church, Paul and I were too tired to do breakfast! Church was great! Sacrament meeting had the talks on Motherhood, like usual. The last speaker said the word "boobie" instead of "boo-boo," it was so funny!!! I really enjoyed Relief Society. Our lesson was on the different types of mothers that there are. Many different types of mothers bore their testimonies about their experiences as mothers. The thought of Landon growing up and getting older seemed so sad to me, I wanted him to be a baby forever! But', after hearing all of these women speak, it made me excited for him to grow up and learn and experience new things. It was a really wonderful lesson! After church we came home and I opened presents that Paul got me!  He was good to me...what can I say...he knows what I like! 
He got me a beautiful necklace and a baby rattle. It was so creative! He tied the rattle with a ribbon around the roses! It looked so cute!!! After presents, we took a nap. When we woke up I made desert and dinner. I decided to cook for my mom for mother's day! I made her favorite dinner and desert...she loved it. We hung out with my parents for a while, and that was our day! Paul is now studying, and I'm blogging while nursing Landon....talented I know...j/k. Here's a pic of Landon and me on my first mother's day! I love him so much!  He means the world to me! I know I've only been a mother a little over a month, I love it! I love everything about it! I am so glad that Heavenly Father finally decided to bless us with a child, and I must say, this child is perfect. I love everything about him! I love waking up in the morning and looking at him knowing that he is my son, and he will be...forever!


2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Sounds like a wonderful time all around. Sorry we didn't make it to Landon's blessing. I'm sure it was great. I LOVE the pictures, they really turned out good and Landon looks so cute. We got Madelyn's done when she was 4 days old. Even then she wouldn't really do the curled up newborn thing...or sleep. So we didn't get many good ones of her alone! Happy Mother's Day for your first one! Sounds like you were spoiled.

kimberlee shaffer said...

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!! THey look awesome, every last one of them. What a freaking CUTE BOY!!! Love that little guy!!!