Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yay!

First of all I wanted to say thanks to those who came to my scrapbook party last night! It was a huge success! It was fun hanging out with the girls, making crafts! It reminded me of our ward back in Provo! I got tons of new scrapbook stuff! I can't wait for it to arrive, and to play with it all! It will be like a little kid on Christmas morning! Anyways, I am so proud of myself! I had today completely off...no work, no plans made, nothing! Normally I would just love days like today to relax, watch movies, and eat all day. But, instead I got tons of stuff accomplished! Last night I got my first two customers for vinyl signs. (For those of you who don't know I make signs, with a saying of choice, and after last night, I think I've finally motivated myself to make and sell!) So today, I got those pretty much done, I did the laundry, made super cute thank you cards for those who went to my shower in Utah, filled them out, addressed them and stamped them, I made decorations for the nursery, cooked a really nice dinner, made dessert, and cleaned the kitchen. As London Tipton from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" would say, "Yay Me!!!" (I love the Disney Channel, for those of you who don't know...I'm a dork!) It really feels so good to do things aroud the house, and to be motivated to do things you've always wanted to do, but have been too lazy to actually do! Now, I somehow want to learn how to make my own website so I can sell my crafts that I've made on it! If any of you know how to do this, can you please let me know?!

4 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Sorry I didn't make it to your party. Sounds like it was fun. I actually do know of a site that lets you set up your own shop and sell handmade crafts. It's called Etsy and it's really cool. The website is just Etsy.com. Matt's cousin has a shop--here's her link so you can check it out. It's http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5051731

Carly said...

Hooray for you! I didn't know you were selling vinyl signs!?!? What fonts to you have? I want to order some. Let me know and I can be your customer. Will you email me your address I have some stuff for you. :)

Carly

Anonymous said...

Nope, don't think that you're a dork! Basically that's the only channel on at our home too... "Ya us!" Congratulations on the party.

The Odd Couple said...

Melinda!
Found your blog off of Lisa's. I didn't know you moved back here! Congratulations and from now on-please invite me to your scrapbook parties and I am in need of a vinyl lettering thing for a gift. So contact me (that is if you still remember me-Lynsie from the good ol' singles ward). E-mail me for my info. Congratulations on almost being a mommy!
Lynsie