Sunday, February 3, 2008

President Hinkley

Today at church in our ward bulletin, the following poem was posted. We loved it so much, we thought we'd share it with you all.

I imagine he’s running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, “Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son.”

I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception’s just fine,
But he hopes that he’ll get an assignment or two
Since there’s no need to waste any time.

I hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward - there’s work to be done.
President Hinkley would want it that way.

Anna M. Molgard
January 27, 2008

We really loved this poem about President Hinkley. Today in fast and testimony meeting, many people brought up this point; we didn't lose President Hinkley, he just went home for a while. What great great comfort and joy the gospel brings me to know that death is not the end. It's so great to know that when we do lose those who are very special in our lives, we will one day be reunited with them again, just as President Hinkley was reunited with his sweet wife.

No comments: