Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Michigan Trip

On July 24, my mom, dad, Landon, my parents dog Seamus, and I left for Michigan to spend a couple of weeks with family. It was a very busy trip, but lots of fun! We drove 2 days straight until we ended up in Indiana. We stayed there for 2 nights. My dad's Aunt Alice was getting married, so we went to her wedding. Indiana was beautiful! It was so green! I loved it....Nevada is so not green....I hate it! Anyways, we went to Michigan afterwards and hung out with family. I have lots of family there, and we were able to see everyone. We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle for 2 nights. We had so much fun. Their house is amazing, they pretty much made the whole thing themselves!  They have a pond out on their land, so we rode around it on a paddle boat and Paul went fishing. We also went to Mackinac Island. It's an Island that has no cars! Everyone who lives there gets around on horses, bikes or foot! We also visited my Grandma Nancy and great Aunt Shirley. They built their house themselves too! By saying they built their houses I'm talking about cutting the trees down, then cutting the wood the way they want it! It's awesome! And they have the greatest garden! We rode their 4 wheeler as well...I love quads! I want some one day! Then we visited my Uncle Neil and his girlfriend Lori. We had lunch with them and visited for a little while. We then finished out our trip at my grandma and grandpas. They live at Higgens Lake. They are just a few houses away from the Lake! We went out on the boat everyday! Here are some pictures from our trip! They are a little out of order...oh well!
This is Landon at my great Aunts wedding.
This is Landon at my grandma and grandpas. I just love his cute little outfit!
This is Landon in a princess pull ups diaper! I forgot my diapers at my grandparents house, and the closest store was 20 minutes away, so I had to make do with what was around my aunts house! He has on a little swimmers diaper to help hold up the pull up diaper and absorb the pee! The night before he had on only a little swimmers and he was wet head to toe! It was a disaster!
Here's Landon in the baby swing! He loved it!
Here's our little family at Mackinac City.
Here's Landon playing with his cousin Janae.
This is Landon one day after going out on the boat.
Landon trying to sit up on his own.
This is Landon listening to one of my grandparents friends talking to him.
This is my mom and dad with us at Mackinac Island.
Us in front of the boats. 
This is our little family when we went to visit my uncle at Carp Lake. 
Heres Landon in the Lake, on a floaty. We put his bumbo in there so he could sit up. We love bumbo!
This is Landon one day before we went on the lake.
This is Landon at the end of a very fun, yet exhausting trip! he traveled so well! We drove just over 5,000 miles that trip, and he barely fussed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe you drove that many miles in the car with that small of a baby! You are brave girl! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I just love going on vacation and being with family. Landon looks so cute in his bathing suits! The picture in the princess pull up is hilarious! Thank goodness you had those at least! A town with no cars, how cute!