Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Hey everyone! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We sure did! We stayed here in Vegas for Christmas this year. We spent the early morning at our house and the latter half of the morning till the evening at my parents house. This Christmas was a little hard on us all. My dear sweet Grandma passed away in May, and my Dad is serving in Iraq, so Christmas was spent without them. Luckily though, the rest of us could be together for the Holidays. We are so grateful for skype! On Christmas day, we skyped my dad in Iraq, and were able to talk to him while we opened gifts, and he was able to be a part of that. Gotta love technology!

This is a picture of Landon on Christmas Eve. I had gone to a friends house to deliver some gifts, and Paul was watching Landon...he didn't get a nap when he should of, so he just randomly passed out on the couch! This is a RARE occasion!
When Landon woke up we opened a few gifts. Our Christmas Eve tradition is...we get Christmas pj's. We each opened up our pj's, along with the movie Polar Express....went upstairs, and watched the movie...we even let Landon sleep with us. We all fell asleep about an hour into the movie! Haha! Here's Paul and Landon in their jammies!
Me and Landon in ours!
In the middle of the night, Paul went down stairs and played Santa. He set out all of the gifts that weren't getting wrapped, and filled his stocking. This is Landon Christmas morning with his new bike! he was excited about it, but a little frustrated because his feet didn't reach the pedals!
Landon is really into horses right now...so we had to get him the horsie! He likes to sleep with it!
Landon always pulls out my vacuum to push around, so I thought it was time I got him his own. I saw this Dyson children's vacuum online and it was a must buy...it even sucks up small crumbs! Now he can help me clean up his messes!
Landon also really likes elephants...well he likes all animals pretty much! Paul's dad got him this elephant! He likes to ride it!
A new Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper clutch bag for me! Don't I look lovely? It was 7 am! Early for me!
I contacted a seller on Etsy and had them make this shirt for Paul! Almost there! 2.5 more years!!!!
After we opened presents at our house, we went over to my parents house. I was most excited to head over there because there was a mystery gift that everyone was keeping a secret! Even my mom...she doesn't keep secrets! I wouldn't have even known about this mystery gift if it weren't for the cop at the Hoover Dam. Paul and I went to AZ the weekend before Christmas. We drove the truck there...which was weird because we normally take the pathfinder. I was a little suspicious of something just because of that! On our way home from AZ, we stopped at the checkpoint at the Hoover Dam. I was driving at the time, so Paul could study. The cop asked me "what's in the boxes?" To my knowledge there was a box of popcorn, a bike, and a suitcase in the back of the truck. I replied "popcorn!" He looked at me and said "really...what's in the boxes?" Paul looked at him and said "shoot! It's her Christmas present....I made it all this way without her finding out about it...can I get out of the car and tell you?" So Paul got out of the car and told him! I'm suspicious as ever at this point...and there was still 4 days till Christmas!!!! We get to my parents house and Paul told me to go straight inside so he could unload it. My brother and him unloaded it and hid it. Paul went to my parents a few times during the week to set it up. I was thinking it was a rocking chair because the one I wanted was at a store in AZ...boy was I wrong! Christmas day finally came and the mystery gift was revealed.....
Waiting for me at my parents house was a Taga!!! Paul and I found these online 2 months ago and fell in love with the product. It's a bike that converts into a stroller! You can fit one or 2 kiddos on it! We got 2 seats since we will be having a new little baby soon =) This was the ultimate Christmas gift! I would play the video that has my reaction...but I need to get a new cable to connect the video recorder up to my computer. You can get more product information here. I was so surprised!!! This bike is from the Netherlands...the reason why we brought it home from AZ was because Paul's sister works for a shipping company, and was able to get us a deal on shipping...thank goodness...it wasn't cheap!
Landon got a basketball hoop! He loves it!
This is my Grandpa. He makes model lighthouses, so I made him this sign.
There were lots of gifts given between our house and my moms...but it would be too many to post....Landon sure had a good Christmas! He loves all of his new toys!!! After we opened gifts at my moms house, we took the taga out for a ride!!!! This thing is so awesome! It rides so smoothly, and in 30 seconds it can be converted from this to
this! Isn't that amazing! This is a real space saver too. If you owned a bike, bike trailer, stroller, and a jogging stroller that would take up a lot of space...all of these products are in one item! I encourage you to check this product out! We are fans! Thanks Mom, Dad, and Paul for such an amazing gift! I know Landon loves it too!

4 comments:

Justina Selim said...

Looks like u had a fun Christmas! I love that PPB clutch! So cute! I'm jealous! That stroller is amazing! I have never seen those!

pjlanier said...

Thanks! My friend told me about a PPB outlet online....we got it half off the original price! The site is petuniaoutlet.com...they have pretty much all of their bag styles on their except the boxy backpacks ;( I was sad about that....I wanted another one in a different color! We found the stroller on youtube while we were searching for double strollers. It's called a Taga...it's from the Netherlands. Paul contacted someone who works there and was able to get one shipped over here! They are planning on releasing them in the US this spring! It rides so smoothly as a bike...plus I like that it's my bike, bike trailer, double and single stroller, and jogging stroller all in one! Sure is a space saver!

Lanier Household Creations said...

That comment was from Melinda...I forgot to sign out of Paul's gmail! I hate when I do that!

Mary said...

That is like an amazing bike/stroller/kid trailer!