Saturday, September 6, 2008

A little inspiration from Dr Paul

Last week we went to Utah to attend a seminar given by Dr Paul H Jenkins, who is a life coach. He is great. Paul and I really value what we learned from him, and it's things we can apply to our lives daily. We signed up to receive a weekly quote from him, which he sends out to all of his clients. This is what it read;
Often when we are right in the middle of a difficult situation, it is tempting to look at our results as a disaster. “I’ve failed!” we might lament, feeling completely certain that life’s test has defeated us. A few days ago I was meeting with a client who expressed something like this and his embarrassment at being in the kind of situation that he was. I responded to him that from my perspective he was describing not a failure, but the MIDDLE part of a very inspiring story. Think about how some of the stories that inspire you the most have some very difficult stuff in the MIDDLE. Everything is OK in the end – if it is not OK, it is not the end! Keep working on your story – you’re not done yet.
-Dr Paul

2 comments:

Carly said...

That's so fun for you guys that the Masons live in St. George now. I bet you see each other all the time. I am trying to narrow down my vinyl order and I will email you later this week! :)

Justina Selim said...

That is a great quote! Nice to get one every week!